Sunday, October 10, 2010

Spun silk

silk-spinning

Last week the charkha went to the National Spinningday. Unfortunately there was no one who could give me tips on how to use it. I showed other how I use it, which probably isn’t according to the “rules”. I’ve started to spin some silk on it. Fortunately I believe that handspun yarn shouldn’t be perfect. Just look at the Noro yarns, all are irregular and people pay for that stuff. I’m not sure what I’ll use to ply it with. I’ve been thinking about brown alpaca that I have lying around. Maybe I can manage to spin that on the charkha as well.

Last night I might have damaged my hearing just a bit. I went to a performance of Drumcats. It was really cool. I sat next to a couple who enthusiastically clapped along with the music. It was slightly frustrating that the guy clapped out of rhythm. I mean, really now. It’s a percussion show. Here is a taste of what I enjoyed for a little more than an hour. It does sound a whole lot better in the theater.

No comments: