Monday, November 5, 2007

SnB day, November 3rd 2007


stash enhancement
Originally uploaded by isis1207
The second national SnB day has passed. Together with L I volunteered to man the daycare center for men. This was for all those nice men who had to come along with their wives and partners looking at yarn all day. It was very quiet, in those 2 hours three showed up. One was with his little girl, the other two kept themselves busy. After daycare we made a quick run past the stands. I bought yarn for a cardigan (the blue stuff in the picture). After that I had 2 workshops; spinning with a spindle and a sideways knitted sock. The spinning actually went pretty well, I just need some more practice. I’m definitely making the sock, after finishing other projects. After the workshops another round past the stands. This time I bought a skein of laceweight, dpn’s in the sizes 6, 7 and 8 and some yarn for the baby surprise jacket (scroll down a bit). It really wasn’t a bad day considering I had planned to spend more money. So I transferred the leftover knitting money to her including an order.
I am very content.

No comments: