Sunday, September 21, 2008

The big felting experiment


Baskets_3
Originally uploaded by isis1207
On the plane on my way home I couldn't sleep. I read some and crochet a couple of baskets. The idea is to felt them to make them more sturdy. The morning that I left we went and bought some yarn to felt with. The pattern of the pink and blue/pink basket wasn't working right. I kept ending up with the wrong amount of stitches no matter what I did. Both have been altered. This is what they looked like before.
I threw it all in a pillowcase and together with a pair of old jeans into the washer. In a magazine from Drops I read that it should be washed on 40 degrees Centigrade (that's probably for their own yarn) and use enzyme free soap. Once the washer was done this is what I pulled out of the pillowcase. They turned pretty okay don't you think?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I think they look GREAT! Especially considering the front-loading washer machine! You go, girl! We miss you!!!