Saturday, November 22, 2008

A baby’s been born


present_owain
Originally uploaded by isis1207
A pregnant friend is the best excuse to buy yarn when visiting the States. I was advised to use Comfort from Berroco for the baby. All I can say is that it’s awesome stuff to knit with. Pity we can’t get it here. It knits up beautifully. Unfortunately it made the Baby Surprise Jacket not for a baby but more for a one-year old. I was so bummed out about that, that I made a cuddle toy to go with it.
On November 16th my friend L gave birth to a healthy baby boy. I took a day off from work to admire the baby and proudly present the mom with my knitting. The baby doesn’t fit the jacket (actually, he drowns in it right now), the color did meet the approval of the parents.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I saw these finished on Ravelry first (and proud of myself to realize they went together)... but to see them here, together in one picture! ooooh, I LOVE them!!! They look great!!! No worries about the size, it'll be useful for longer at that size!