Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cherry blossom in September

Finally finished another project, my CherryBlossom Shawl.

Cherry04

I had already started on the Christmas presents, but put them aside for a while to finish it. Now I can fully concentrate on Christmas (yeah, right).

This past Wednesday I had a team day with my colleagues from work. The goal was to get to know yourself and the other better using MBTI. For those who are curious I’m a ISFJ.
During lunch I pulled out my sock. I had no projects that were portable so I started a sock. It’s the September Mystery Sock from the SKA (Raverly group). As usual I received comments on the needles.

sept09_sock2

After the workshops we had diner. In between the different courses I pulled out the sock again. We were with 12 at the table. First comment came from my boss. He grinned and said that it was nice I was doing that. After a different course someone across the table noticed me. Again my boss responded positively. Actually, he sounded like I was 4 years old and showed him a picture I drew. It felt positive.

I really should have a sock with me at all times. Up till now people have responded positively or simply looked without saying anything. I do explain that I can listen better with something to knit in my hands. It actually keeps my thoughts from wandering.

3 comments:

dominiqueknitting said...

I hope you can convince the guys at the office! Your cherry blossom is looking great. Do you like wearing circular shawls? I wonder how they are - you fold it double, I suppose?

Natalie said...

No surprising that your shawl is GORGEOUS!!! Love the socks and love the story! Good girl! :-)

brigitte said...

@dominique

I only made half of the shawl :D