Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A bit too pink


ML color
Originally uploaded by isis1207
I was offered help from this and this lady to dye my yarn, but I decided to go ahead and do it by myself. I found a KoolAid lookalike (FlavorAid) and had a whopping choice between pink and pink. I guess I’m gonna make this shawl pink. I wanted more color in my wardrobe and pink goes just fine with jeans.
I put out the wool, made the lemonade (without the sugar) and started to wet the wool. That actually takes some time. Wool does not readily take up water. I put the wool in microwave bowls and zapped them. In the picture the lightest part is on top, it doesn’t look as pink as it finally turned out.
After rinsing I was pleasantly impressed with myself. It turned out a nice pink. It reminds me of the color the sky has at sunrise. The following day it looked really pink. This time I was a bit unsure of myself.
I’ll swatch this week, maybe it’s not too bad. And otherwise I have a huge pink shawl at the end of the KAL.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

How fricking cool is THIS??? I didn't know you did this! I love it. Was all the pink the same shade throughout?!!??