Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New chair


new chair
Originally uploaded by isis1207
After well over ten years of loyal service I decided to trade my old chair in for a new one. I don’t spend hours behind my computer, but lately it was getting more uncomfortable to sit behind my desk for any period of time. The picture is not to proudly show my new chair, but to remind myself that it really isn’t that hard to have a neat room.
Last Saturday I drove to Ikea to get this this chair. Of course it’s not possible to fit a chair in a crowded room. The only way to get from the door to my computer was to sidestep boxes, the ironing board and several other items. My desk was slightly overflowing, the stacks were getting higher and started to resemble the Tower of Pisa.
Emptying out the room and cleaning it was a piece of cake and I’m proud of the result. The rest of the house has become an obstacle course. Guess what I’ll be doing this coming weekend?

No comments: