Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New shawl


ML done
Originally uploaded by isis1207
I finished Mystic Light. The pattern was easy to follow and I managed to keep up with the clues. There were a few rows that gave me some trouble and led to mild frustration. Saturday night the cable on my circular needles suddenly gave way, right on the second to last row. I had a needle in my right hand, a needle in my left hand and noticed the purple wire escaping to the right of me. Mild feeling of panic. Slowly moved the right needle to my left hand and saw the cable moving even more to the right. Noooo!! Grabbed the wire with my right hand so not to lose anymore stitches. Now what? Carefully tread the wire through the stitches (not an easy feat when you’re holding two needles in your left hand). Hoping you’ve saved all the stitches, stuff the wire back into the end of the needle and start counting. Not really a fun thing to do if you have almost 400 stitches on the needle.
I carefully knitted the res of the shawl. I also reported the broken wire to the webstore where I bought it.

2 comments:

Angelique den Brok said...

Wow, knitter's nightmare! Shawl is very pretty though.

brigitte said...

:) thanks