Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vacation – day 2


vacation_02
Originally uploaded by isis1207
We had breakfast outside. Everything was ready for us, how awsome. Truly vacation. After the workshop socks knitting in which I learned a new way to cast-on (and I managed to do it right in 1 try) we took the bikes to Brüggen (Germany). We stopped once to have our lunch. In the nearby water musk-rats were swimming circles. They look like beavers from a distance so I put down my stuff to get my camera. A soon as I did one came swimming towards the shore. Neat, I thought, now I don’t have to zoom in. They’re fast little buggers and this one came in real fast. I sprinted back to the group yelling that one was after my lunch. Unfortunately now you can see it’s a musk-rat and not a beaver.
Brüggen is a really nice little town. We had a guided tour (for those who wished this) and afterward we sat on a terrace for a drink and to knit. Had a great dinner and took our bikes back to the guest house. After tea and some chatting it was bedtime.
Oh yeah, I got a flat tire on the way to Brüggen. To be continued.

No comments: