Thursday, April 9, 2009

Now it’s purple


broken_foot2
Originally uploaded by isis1207
I went to the hospital this morning and was told that I have a Jones fracture and will need a cast on this foot for the next 5 weeks. For the next 2 weeks I’m not allowed to put any weight on the foot because of the location of the fracture. I could simply pull everything apart again.
At least I have a pretty cast now. I have some really neat green sockyarn that I’ll use to knit myself a big toe so my toes won’t get cold.
I also asked the people at work to bring some of the work over here so I can so something else besides knitting. I think I overdid it with the knitting since my left wrist hurts (not fun when you need crutches to move around).

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness! You really did a NUMBER on that foot of yours. I do like the pretty purple cast, but man!!!! Take it easy on the wrist too!!!!

brigitte said...

Thanks. One wrong step and it's rest for 3 weeks. At least we have nice weather.