Thursday, April 2, 2009

That’s broken


broken_foot
Originally uploaded by isis1207
This past Monday I went down the stairs a bit too fast and forgot the last two steps. With a bang I came down on my left ankle. Sprained, no doubt about it. Yesterday it still hurt on the left side of the foot which isn’t consistent with a sprain. So off to the doctor I went, who squeezed my foot and sent me to the hospital to take x-rays. Picture taken and I was send on to first aid. Result: no walking for a week. Not really too bad, I have plenty to do while sitting down and not working for a week isn’t really that bad either. I’m actually getting pretty quick with my crutches. Only . . . how do I get my coffee to the couch? And my food?
Mom had a brilliant idea: use your desk chair it has wheels. So, since last night I move around the house on a chair.
Today I’m going to figure out how I can take a shower and try vacuuming sitting on the chair.

Update on the 100 balls challenge: so far I’ve used 19.3 balls of yarn with a total weight of 36.2 oz and a length of 3466.8 yards

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Max says "That's not good!" while looking at that foot of yours! We're so sorry about your foot... but your mom is a genius!!! I want to see you vacuuming in that chair! Take care!

brigitte said...

Smart boy :)