Sunday, June 28, 2009

Street art

My brother came for dinner yesterday with his 21 month old son. My sister-in-law was out with friends and my parents weren’t home. You gotta do something for dinner, right? In all fairness, my brother is a great cook, this just was easier.
Teun created a true piece of art in my backyard with sidewalk chalk, everyone had to join him.


art_teun

Finally managed to finish some stuff. The black monster is done and it’s HUGE. It took me almost a whole night to cast off. Lady Eleanor is also (almost) done. I still need to knot the fringes on one side. I’ll be doing that tonight.


eleanor3

Since I seem to be in a finish-fase I wanted to work on my almost done shawl. The idea that I had to sit down with a huge piece of fabric made from Kid Silk Haze with a temperature of about 83 degrees (according to my car that afternoon) wasn’t really inviting. So I started a hat.

hat_rene

Why a hat in the middle of summer? Because my neighbor asked if I could knit him a funky hat. I sure can, just wait and see. Why does my neighbor want a knitted hat with these temperatures? Because he works in a place where it’s about -8 degrees (yes Fahrenheit) and a knitted hat is actually useful. And for € 2,00 I have plenty of fun making him one.

No comments: