Sunday, November 22, 2009

Winter blues

Even though I take my rest it doesn’t seem to go any better with me. I’m still tired, scavenge the cupboards in search of anything chocolate and don’t want to do anything.
Till this past Thursday. It was a nice and sunny day and I had more energy than the previous days. I didn’t go to bed early at all the night before. That got me thinking. On the Tuesday before that, I had an energy level of zero. I sat on the couch all night doing nothing. That day was grey and cloudy.

I guess I can’t handle the winter really well. I searched the internet and found that I don’t have SAD, but just the winter blues. The symptoms are like SAD but a whole lot less intense. As long as it stays sunny, I’m okay.

I did start new projects in the hope that it would make me feel better. Well, gee, not really. But it is fun.

The February Lady Sweater (Ravelry link):

lady01

Milkweed (Ravelry link):

milk01

This is a really fast one till you get to about row 78. Then it takes longer to do a row. Love the simplicity of the pattern, excellent TV knitting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ik zend je zonnige groetjes tegen de winter blues.
duesselhexe uit Duitsland

Natalie said...

I think you should just move to Charlotte! The house next store is for sale (it has work that needs to be done, and is really too big, but it's so close! :-D). I'm sorry about the winter blues, especially considering it's only November! Maybe summer is NOT the time to come here but right in the middle of winter (though it would be our luck that would be when it would be the biggest snow storm in ten years! :-b). Love you!!!!

Natalie said...

All that, and I didn't bother to comment on the projects! I love them BOTH!! Can't wait to see the finished project!